EdgeCenter After School Care (ASC)
The After School Care Program at Greater Boston Academy is designed to meet the needs of students while their parents are at work and involved in other activities. It is our goal to provide your child with a safe and comfortable environment to do some homework and unwind and exercise at the end of the school day.
All Edgewood Elementary/Greater Boston Academy students are eligible to participate in the program.
We are open during the following hours during regular school day:
Monday-Thursday 3:15 pm to 5:30 pm
Friday 1:45 pm to 4:00 pm
Parents/guardians will be informed of opening hours on the days of early dismissal for professional development and other scheduled programs two days prior to the event.
It is crucial that all ASC fees are paid promptly to ensure that this program doesn’t financially detract from the regular educational program. The parents/guardians may pay monthly or weekly for the pre-scheduled services.
Both elementary students and academy students in the school building must be supervised at all times. A reasonable 15-minute time frame is provided for families to pickup students following dismissal. To efficiently supervise any remaining students, these students are then moved to the EdgeCenter After School Care Program room. Students are signed in and retained until they are picked up by an authorized individual. Please note that a fee of $7.00 per hour will be charged for this service if not pre-scheduled/pre-paid.
The student may be terminated from the program if it is determined that the health and safety of the student (or the other students) at the center cannot be assured. Parents/Guardians will be notified at a meeting with the Principal or Vice Principal and Program Director. The student will have to be picked up during dismissal period.
|Pre-scheduled/pre-paid (monthly automatic deduction) $4.00/hour/child|
|5 day||12.5hrs/wk||450||$ 1,800.00||$ 180.00|
|4 day||10 hrs/wk||360||$ 1,440.00||$ 144.00|
|3 day||7.5 hrs/wk||270||$ 1,080.00||$ 108.00|
|2 day||5 hrs/wk||180||$ 720.00||$ 72.00|
|1 day||2.5 hrs/wk||90||$ 360.00||$ 36.00|
- If you enroll in this Pre-scheduled/pre-paid monthly automatic deduction, you do NOT need to pre-schedule. However, if you have exhausted your deposit and exceeded the allotted hours per week, you will be charged at $7.00 per hour. It will be considered as “Un-scheduled Care”.
- All unused payments will be refunded to you or credited to your regular tuition account at the end of the school year.
- Should you foresee the need of service to be increased, you should approach the business office or ASC personnel immediately to make necessary arrangement.
- However, should your need of service decreased, you can only change the arrangement twice a year. You may not change from month to month. All unused payments will be refunded to you at the end of the school year.
|Un-scheduled Care $7.00/hour/child|
- After School Care after 5:30PM (Mon-Thurs) and 4:00PM (Fri) will be billed at $10.00 per quarter hour per child.
- A deposit of $50.00 per student is required during registration. This deposit will credited to your account.
- A fee is only being charged when the student is actually attending the ASC program on that day for those hours. Fees paid will be credited your ASC account if the student is not attending the ASC as scheduled and prepaid.
- All Emergency Care Service MUST BE PAID at the end of the month, otherwise, interest will be charged accordingly.
Form of payment
All payments are processed through the business office. Pre-scheduled/pre-paid (automatic monthly deduction)
payment will be processed through automatic deduction. All other payment methods are by cash/check/Money Order.
Cash/check/Money Order can be accepted through Mrs. Maloney or the program director. A NSF fee of $25.00 will be
charged to the family if a check is returned.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact our staff members immediately.